What We Hope to Accomplish
|Back to Home|
|Research and Referencing|
1. Hone our message from the local level to Capitol Hill so that our mayors, state legislators and our representatives on Capitol Hill hear and understand us perfectly clear. The refining of our message is critical and includes two primary components:
- How we speak, write and frame what we want to see in government
- The actual priorities and policies we want to see government adopt through legislation and action
2. Create and distribute tool kits, guides and resources to provide shared best practices and common messaging/branding as well as useful strategies and tactics.
3. Make transparency a national demand that candidates, elected officials, and lobbyists cannot avoid and must respond to.
4. Establish Standards for Transparency:
- Congressional Speeches should include disclosures, such as: the funding sources of the candidate/member.
- Example: http://SunlightFoundation.com/live provides campaign contributions/strings attached to MOC's as they speak.
- Congressional press releases regarding Legislation should include the Bill number.
- Example: MOC (Member of Congress) Press Release "about Transparency" hides/fails to include a Bill number. http://bit.ly/b4nQ68